Do you struggle to portray your program participants as their own agents of change, while admitting that they also need your organization’s help? Do you worry about jeopardizing the dignity of the people in your stories for the sake of raising money? Do you find yourself debating ethical storytelling principals with colleagues who don’t see eye-to-eye?
We can guide you step-by-step in evaluating your own communications, defining ethical excellence in your storytelling process, and securing buy-in from your team so that you can launch your new strategy with success.
- Evaluate your communications and provide recommendations to optimize and enhance your work
- Help you team design a process to secure and apply feedback from program participants
- Build communications infrastructure that bolsters internal capacity and establishes best practices for your organization in order to ensure future success
- Create and edit your stories to inspire empathy, action, and investment
- Serve as an on-demand resource to your team and stakeholders for assistance in ethical storytelling, fundraising, communications, and intercultural competence
- Provide expert guidance and strategies that ensure you are on track to achieving your goals
- Increase your team’s capacity and expertise
- Work one-on-one with your marketing and communications teams, major gift officers, or leadership to address your toughest challenges and achieve breakthroughs for your ethical communications
- Design custom training programs on ethical and empathic storytelling and intercultural competence
- Guide your team through a collaborative workshop to create principals, guidelines, and protocols to transform your communications
- Tool: Checklist – Empathy in Communications
- Tool: Exploitation-Empathy Continuum
- Article: Respect and Dignity are Not Good Enough: A Common Pitfall in Ethical Communications
- Article: 5 Tips to Collect Real Feedback from Beneficiaries